Wishing All Those On The List

Garrett Wollman wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Jan 2 00:54:02 EST 2005

<<On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 16:25:34 -0500, "A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@attorneyross.com> said:

> Thanks, but this is the new year of the Gregorian calendar.  I'm not
> sure when the Julian Calendar new year is, but it isn't today.

Julian New Year is Gregorian January 14 until 2100.  No country
currently uses the Julian calendar for civil timekeeping any more,
although the Eastern Orthodox churches (except in Finland) still use
it for their liturgical calendars.  I'm not aware of any radio
stations specializing in Eastern Orthodox religious programming,
although there are some brokered stations with all or predominantly
Russian-language programming.

-GAWollman