WCAP-AM Off The Air Right Now

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sun Feb 20 13:17:17 EST 2005

It IS a very sensitive radio;  it won't work if I insult it.

> I don't think WOFX could
> possibly deliver a groundwave of more than 50 microvolts/meter to your
> locationNYC at midday, the 1660 in Elizabeth, NJ
>
> --
> Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net

Taking into account the hilly terrain over which it passes, the Taconics
in NY state and our Berkshires, it is quite remarkable that a 5KW
station would reach this far, but the weather is also dry and cold which
helps a bit.  Up by the police calls, I also note that I was getting
WQEW from NYC and the 1660 in New Jersey, and the 1530 in Bridgeport, CT
was providing increased interference to the now mighty WVBF 1530
in Middleboro, Mass. These are tough pickups at midday in June.
BTW, WCAP is back on the air today, but as I had it on for
a while it would disappear for 10 or 20 seconds.  Someone
must be checking the DA-D/DA-N switching!