Mentioning the Competition's Call Letters???

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Sat Feb 12 23:51:46 EST 2005

On 12 Feb 2005 at 15:53, Doug Drown wrote:

> One of WGY's newscasters --- I can't remember who, but I heard it ---
> introduced the hourly CBS newscast as an NBC newscast shortly after
> the station switched networks in 1988 or '89.  It had been with NBC
> for over 60 years.

Sometime in December 1963, doing a newscast on WMUA at UMass, out of habit, I referred
to President Kennedy as giving out Medals of Freedom, when it was President Johnson.  I
quickly corrected myself.  I think I remember hearing a newscaster on WHYN make the
same mistake around then.