Wall Street Week/Fortune

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Sat Feb 12 23:51:46 EST 2005

On 12 Feb 2005 at 13:08, Damon Cassell wrote:

> Satellite radio is built on the same principles. Low cost, high
> quality, variety and control. People know what this is worth and will
> pay for it. Radio will continue to tightly-format and demograph itself
> to death and in the end radio station owners will still wonder what
> they did wrong. You'll see more NAB lawsuits and lobbying designed to
> hurt satellite radio but no real competitive changes.

According to capitalist theory, at some point, someone in traditional radio should try a more
open format, promote it heavily, do well with it, and then be widely copied.  So far, though, it
hasn't happened.

I've often wondered how well Bob Bittner would do if he actually had a large promotion budget.