"radio rewinds" (talk reruns)

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 10:39:23 EST 2005

Imagine my surprise this morning (Sat., Christmas Eve) about 10:30 am
to hear part of yesterday's Howie Carr show on WRKO (talking about the
Medway PC/Christmas controversy).
Sounds like we may be hearing some "reruns", or "radio rewinds" as WTKK calls
them, the next couple days. Well, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day; tough to get
talk hosts in.

WTKK has found itself for several years airing "radio rewinds" of Severin
(yes, he's back), Ingraham, Hannity, Barnicle, etc., on weekends. Rather than
a local host doing a specialty show, or some kind of syndie show, they give
listeners an opportunity to catch a host they may have missed during the week.
(And it's cost effective!). As it turns out, I missed a lot of Howie's show
yesterday --busy, or on the phone (may have had it on in the background but
was busy so I didn't pay as much attention). So this is good, I guess.

Supposed to be Feinburg on right now, then Whitley at 11...but at least for
now it's a "radio rewind".

National hosts sometimes air their own "radio rewinds" during periods like
this, or they have guest hosts on.

"You're listening to a rebroadcast of the Howie Carr Show. No phone calls
please."