new WTKK lineup (they keep Hannity)

rogerkirk rogerkirk@mail.ttlc.net
Thu Dec 22 17:01:07 EST 2005

On 12/21/05, Larry Weil <kc1ih@mac.com> wrote:

> It seems to me they are doing this, not because they really want
> Hannity on their air, but to keep Hannity from being on anyone else's
> air in the Boston market.

Don't know how much clout syndicators and their programs' hosts have, but it would seem that contracts and broadcast fees should be structured such that it would be financially disadvantageous to a radio station to run a program outside of a prime window e.g. at 1:00 in the morning for a show that normally airs during the day or evening.

I could see raising the fee or not allowing total market exclusivity.

Or are syndies so desperate for numbers (of stations) that they don't care?