Standard def reruns aired on HD [was Re: Todd Gross let Go??]

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Mon Dec 5 22:06:01 EST 2005

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:53:55 -0500 Larry Weil wrote:

> At 07:23 PM 12/5/2005, marklaurence@mac.com wrote:
>
> >I wonder which Boston station will be
> >the first to do their local news in HD?
>
> I can't say for sure, but I can let you know that 7
> went on line with
> our new digital control room this weekend.  Even in
> analog, you can
> see the difference, especially in the graphics.

That is gonna be interesting to see not only in
markets like Boston, but markets of various sizes
around the country.  I expect that all of the major
markets, like Boston, NY and Los Angeles will be first
to convert, but it will be interesting to see how long
it takes stations in medium to smaller markets to
convert all their studio/camera/news/hard drive
recording and playback systems equipment over.

                                  Matt Osborne
                                  Schenectady, NY