Standard def reruns aired on HD [was Re: Todd Gross let Go??]

John Francini francini@mac.com
Mon Dec 5 17:13:25 EST 2005

I'm sure you're jesting...  Even so, <pedant> the one has nothing to do with
the other. </pedant>

And it was indeed a conflict between British and Metric measures on two
different subsystems that caused the Mars Polar Lander to be lost. Some
details here: <http://whyfiles.org/101spaceflaw/>

[Another ship, the Japanese Mars Explorer NOKUMI was also lost recently, but
that was due to a different kind of flaw.]

john