Todd Gross let Go??

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sun Dec 4 10:01:45 EST 2005

R. Trovato wrote:

> I think it was (Dr.) Fred Ward.
>
> And my memory which, (admittedly) is less dependable these days ;-) says
> he
> wasn't sucessful in his action.

  I thought Dr. Fred won his lawsuit, but he ended up taking a cash
settlement from the then owners of Channel 7 instaed of his job back. Maybe
our esteemeed historian Donna Halper may have the info in her archives of
broadcast notes.

  And speaking of Donna Halper, I too agree with her regarding how this
reminds us of how Bruce Schwoegler was treated at Channel 4 several years
back. I don't personally watch a newscast because the anchors or reporters
are youthful looking. NECN's Tom Ellis may have a few wrinkles, Channel 4's
Jack Williams' hair has turned silver, but I'm tuning into a newscast to get
updated on local, national and international news, wrinkles & hair color do
not affect how Tom & Jack report the news to me. If it's cheaper to bring in
new & younger faces, well shame on the industry for doing this at the
expense of well known market veterans.

Mark Watson