Jay leaves BZ?

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Mon Aug 29 18:43:30 EDT 2005

Scott Fybush wrote:

> AllAccess.com is reporting that Jay McQuaide is leaving WBZ at the end
> of the week to do corporate communications for Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
>
> Discuss...

Jay was the heir apparent from about the 3rd year he landed at WBZ, so
it seemed. This is a surprising move.

I knew Jay when he was cutting his teeth at WJUL (ULowell) over 20 years
ago. One of his first questions was how to get a clear Marti shot from
City Manager Johnson's office so that he could do a long-form live
interview with him. This was significant for a number of reasons not the
least of which was that there was no local news infrastructure at the
college signal, no one had ever tried it.  He was eager to do what was
needed regardless as to whether or not it had been done/could be done.
It worked.  Jay would soon land at WLLH News and the rest was history.
I recall him to be a genuinely nice guy - and he made it in radio!!

Bill O'Neill