Fw: It is by General Order 52 that we tell you the following is a playerpiano

Dan Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Sun Aug 28 18:03:43 EDT 2005

From: "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
To: "John Bolduc" <n1qgs@yahoo.com>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2005 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: It is by General Order 52 that we tell you the following is a
playerpiano

Back in the 50s (40s, too, I think), the announcement had to be made at the
beginning or end of each broadcast that used recorded music (maybe beginning
AND end), but I gather that certain music was exempted--perhaps considered
to be sound effects. For example, I don't recall ever hearing "transcribed"
in any of the Trendall-Campbell-Moore productions that originated at WXYZ
Detroit--Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Challenge of the Yukon, et al. Each used
an orchestral recording of a classical selection as its theme--Rossini's
William Tell Overture, Kreissler's? Flight of the Bumble Bee, Resnicek's
Donna Diana Overture. (I'm sure that Mr Glavin will make the necessary edits
to that list ;>) In that day, though, sneaking in "recorded" or
"transcribed" was the equivalent of today's whispered legal IDs and COLs.

 --
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367