Air America up in Minneapolis ratings

radiotony radiotony@comcast.net
Sun Aug 21 08:33:17 EDT 2005

However Donna, you may have missed the most interesting part of this story,
as posted here in the Duluth News Tribune:
http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/local/12438874.htm

"Locally, conservative-talk icon Rush Limbaugh's show has lost 43 percent of
its audience among 25- to 54-year-olds in the past year. Sean Hannity's show
is down a whopping 63 percent. The shift is serious enough that 'we're
weighing where these shows fit for us in the future,' according to Todd
Fisher, general manager at KSTP, which carries both syndicated programs."

Best,
Anthony Schinella
Program Director/News/A&E
WKXL 1450 AM/Concord, NH
http://www.wkxl1450.com
http://politizine.blogspot.com

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Donna Halper
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 1:28 AM
To: boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Air America up in Minneapolis ratings

As some of us speculated, so far, this still seems to be a niche format, but
it performs well in some cities.  In the recent Minneapolis/St Paul book,
Air America's overall ratings were flat, but Al Franken continued to see
ratings growth: in the past eight months, his audience share has risen to a
2.4 percent in the 25 to 54 demo; in AAR's first book when KTNF switched
over to progressive talk, he had only a 1.3...I am told Ed Schultz is also
pulling some good numbers 25-54 in Minneapolis.