FWD: Re: Star 93.7 becomes 93.7 Mike FM

rogerkirk rogerkirk@mail.ttlc.net
Thu Apr 14 16:15:35 EDT 2005

>As of 2pm today, Star 93.7 becomes 93.7 Mike FM. Our
>slogan? WE PLAY EVERYTHING.

>We know you probably have very mixed emotions right now;
>you loved Star, and so did we. All we're asking is that
>you give Mike a chance, because we think you'll really
>love what you hear.

>You'll hear everything from Donna Summer to Def Leppard, Abba to
>Aerosmith, Journey to Janet, Beatles to Bananarama.

I don't have mixed emotions, I'm aggravated.  Why did they
take a good dance-oriented station, blow it up and "Mike"
it?  They were doing (IMHO) what Kiss used to do so well!
Fun, Dance, Party, Fun!  I don't wanna hear Def Leppard,
Journey & Aerosmith mixed in with my dance music.

I might be more amenable to that format if it were new AND
didn't take away one of my favorite stations.