Ratings question

Daniel Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Sun Apr 3 13:07:31 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lorraine Smith" <lorraine6474@usadatanet.net>
To: "Daniel Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>; <billo@shoreham.net>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org>; "Joseph Pappalardo"
<joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: Ratings question

> I totally disagree.
>
> I have not been on the air for over 10 years now.
> I filled out my diary honestly, and did not "vote"
> for any of my buddies stations unless I actually
> listened.

Good for you.  I did not say that former radio people should be banned from
participating in surveys.  I just said that based on what I would likely do,
their participation may not be a good idea.  I know that I probably wouldn't
be so honest.  Maybe I'm an exception, but I don't think so.  I have friends
whose livelihood could depend on the outcome of ratings and I would do what
I could to help them out.  My loyalty would overcome any interest in the
integrity of a flawed process.  If that makes me a bad person so be it.
Maybe I'd just try to listen to my friends more often so I could be honest.
But I know I would not just write down Imus on WZAN and Maine Public Radio,
which are the stations that I actually spend the most time listening to most
mornings.