WGAN radio may drop Rather

Joseph Pappalardo joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 22:08:39 EDT 2004

> > Portland radio station WGAN (560 AM) is
> considering dropping TV newsman Dan
> > Rather from its daily lineup of CBS news
> programming.
>
> How silly.  The majority of the public has moved on.

Yeah, but this is just the latest Dan Ratherism.

His credibility is damaged in the minds of many
people...either by his mistake...or an unconscious
bias.

And with Mary Mapes making calls to the DNC putting
sources in contact with Lockhart, etc.

Something is amiss.

I assume the station might be doing this for
publicity.  But, I assume, that when his commentary
airs, that some people roll their eyes...and the
station just might be reflecting the opinion of their
listeners.

However, because Rather might not seem to represent
the zenith of journalism right now doesn't preclude
him from offerring commentary, does it?  Then again,
don't stations run commentaries from a colorful array
of characters?

=====
Joe Pappalardo

joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com