WNSH oldies

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@myway.com
Wed Sep 29 11:53:22 EDT 2004

It sounds like WNSH is indeed doing 60s/70s oldies full-time on weekdays, not just overnights. They just played King Harvest ("Dancin' in the Moonlight") and Brooklyn Bridge ("The Worst That Could Happen"), followed by ads for a Peabody-based carpet service, a restaurant in Essex, and so on. Owner Keating Willcox probably figured he could attract more advertisers with a broad-based 60s/70s pop sound than talk...but again, I'm guessing the weekend
specialty shows (Tracks of the Town, Radio Minestrone, North Shore
Jamboree, etc.) will stay.

Former WMWM DJ Ed Tracchia has been heard on Saturday afternoons at 'NSH doing political talk, under the name "Joe Bag". He was reading an excerpt from an Ann Coulter book last week. (I know it's him from his voice; I think Joe is his middle name and I've heard him call up Howie Carr as "Joe from Peabody", plus he's released a spoken-word cassette as "Joe Bag").