Bird Choices

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Thu Sep 23 17:45:17 EDT 2004

At 05:06 PM 9/23/2004 -0400, Bill O'Neill wrote:

>Okay, heads or tails, Sirius vs. XM?  I'm leaning Sirius since _every_
>salesperson has muttered under their breath that Sirius is superior.  Or
>is that just sales blather?

I've had Sirius since March, and I'm quite happy with it.  I made the
decision based on the channel lineups of the two services, and felt that
Sirius' lineup was more in line with my listening perferences.  Of
particular importance to me is that Sirius has three channels of NPR/PRI
programming.  I also feel that Sirus is more oriented towards older
listeners, while XM appeals more to the subwoofer fans.

I would suggest that you look at the channel lineups of the two services on
their websites and then decide on a basis other than which service pays a
higher commission to the salespeople:

http://www.xmradio.com

http://www.sirius.com

The one thing I recommend against is any setup that uses an FM modulator to
get the audio into your radio.  You'll get much better sound with a direct
connection.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH