NY Times Jr. Cops Out

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Thu Sep 23 17:31:19 EDT 2004

Yesterday (09/22) the Boston Globe ran a WIRE story on the potential sale of
PRovidence's WRNI.   It included the statement that WRNI  was Rhode
Island's only public radio station.  I e-mail a correction to
comments@globe.com, their submission e-mail address.  I pointed out that
the state had about a half-dozen stations between 88.1 and 91.9,
the span of frequencies for public FM's.  I also noted that at
least one of them, WRIU-FM in Kingston was fairly strong and could
be picked up by many residents of Baja Massachusetts.  Today,
the Globe replied that the correction would be forwarded to the
Associated Press, the originator of the story, and the paper itself
probably won't print it.  Duh.