music and politics on radio

Dave Faneuf tklaundry@juno.com
Sun Sep 19 13:51:43 EDT 2004

Donna wrote:
And finally, regarding "Sweet Home Alabama", I am not sure the song is
racist-- it's an answer song to Neil Young's "Southern Man" which accused
Alabamans of being bigoted yahoos who support lynching.

I didn't say it was a racist song, I said a case could be made that it is a racist song and since we're talking about perceptions that's why I used that example.   But my point is I disagree with groups, or even individual owners (the few that are left) making music programming decisions on the politics of the artist.  Either conservative or liberal.
dave