WODS And The History Of Rock & Roll

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Mon Sep 6 10:52:03 EDT 2004

  Sunday while driving home from a couple of days in the Lake Champlain
area, I tuned in WODS (103.3 Boston) to catch some of "The History Of Rock &
Roll" around 12:30, on I-89 just entering Concord NH. Reception was OK, but
then WODS began dogfighting with and was eventually overtaken by a signal
playing classical music. WODS became dominanat once again about a 1/2 mile
before the Hooksett Rest Area/ State Liquor Store. Curious as to who the
classical station on 103.3 was.

   While on the subject of WODS, two other observations:

1. Great to hear "The History Of Rock & Roll" again, since I was away Friday
night, Saturday and part of Sunday, does anyone know if they ran "History"
overnights Friday & Saturday night? I know last night Barry Scott's "Lost
45's" aired at 7PM.

2. Just after Midnight I tuned in to WODS and heard "Hall Of Fame Coast To
Coast" with Tom Kent, which is a satellite delivered oldies show that WWBB
(101.5 Providence) runs in overnights. Just wondering if WODS is going the
same route and cut staff in the process? Maurice Wilkey was doing weekday
overnights and Scott Roberts weekend overnights.

Mark Watson