Al Franken Cambridge Show NOT Open To The Public

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Sat Oct 30 16:30:43 EDT 2004

Laurence Glavin wrote:

>I received an e-mail from WXKS/WKOX saying that the Al
>Franken appearance in Cambridge is not open to the general
>public, but by invitation and/or lottery drawing (sort of
>like flu shots).  Dean Johnson mentioned the appearance in
>his Boston Herald column.  Some people may just show up...
>what will happen to them (or me)?

I find it very difficult to believe the attention Franken is getting. He
stopped being funny when he once proclaimed,
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog gone it, people _like_ me."
A brilliant comedy/sketch writer.  I don't remember when he ever became
relevant to political discourse, however.  I've given it a shot checking
out his medium market sounding show on the Burlington affiliate.  And
I'm a patient man!

I know how important it is for AA to make it as a network.  I also know
that if the network can't make a go of it during the most divisive
election cycle in recent memory, then, 'Oh, waiter...'

For Franken's sake, I hope he remembers his roots.  His humor and radio
need not be mutually exclusive.

Bill O'Neill