AirAmericaRadio In Portland (Maine that is) Monday

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Fri Oct 29 16:53:34 EDT 2004

>From: "A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@attorneyross.com>
>To: boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org, "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@lycos.com>
>Subject: Re: AirAmericaRadio In Portland (Maine that is) Monday
>Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 02:26:25 -0400

> On 28 Oct 2004 at 16:25, Laurence Glavin wrote:
>
> > In recognition of the support AirAmerica Radio got from the
> > listeners to AM 870, Al Franken will be hosting his show
> > from the Merrill(sp?) Auditorium in Portland, ME
> > this Monday, 11/1.  Hey, I have next week off.
> > I may give that Haverhill-to-Portland train a try.
>
> And I believe he will be originating from Cambridge on Tuesday.
>
> --
> A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                           617.367.0468
>  15 Court Square, Suite 210                 lawyer@attorneyross.com
> Boston, MA 02108-2503           	         http://www.attorneyross.com

Yes, I read that today.  He'll be appearing at the Hotel Marlowe in
Cambridge.  I'm not familiar with that one.  I doubt it's named after
Bill "The meat falls off the bone" Marlowe.  Considering Cambridge's
reputation, it's probably named after a prominent LITERARY figure,
playwright Christopher Marlowe, author "Dr. Faustus'; "Tamerlain"
"Hamlet"; "Midsummer Night's Dream"; "Othello" and a mess of sonnets.
So much for the idea of using government-subsidized Amtrak to Portland...
no train early enough to get there before noon.  But I also have Tuesday
off, so I expect to go to the Cambridge show.