Police investigate Red Sox banner hung from radio tower

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Mon Oct 25 11:26:47 EDT 2004

>>NEW HARTFORD, N.Y. -- Police are trying to determine who climbed a 250-foot radio station tower in central New York and hung a homemade Red Sox flag after Boston beat the New York Yankees and advanced to the World Series.<<

I know who it was.  Our old pal R.F. Burns.

(He or she is likely to have burns all over their hands, unless the station was off the air at the time.)

>>The tower, which is two feet wide and is partly electrified, has
several no-trespassing signs surrounding its base, Ninnie said.<<

I smell a fine (in addition to the culprit's burned flesh), if they don't have the tower bases enclosed in fencing.  Signs are insufficient for a series-fed AM tower.  That's one of the FCC's hot-button issues.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WQSX - WRKO - WVEI
20 Guest St / 3d Floor