WGIR: ESPN Sox coverage instead of Joe and Jerry?

John J. Francini francini@mac.com
Sat Oct 23 22:42:19 EDT 2004

I was surprised to note that WGIR is carrying ESPN's radio feed of
the Sox in the World Series instead of the Red Sox Radio Network.
What's up with that? Contractual obligations?

Where I am I can't get WEEI worth a darn after sunset, even with
vintage highly sensitive vacuum-tube radios...

Any thoughts out there besides listening on the Internet (which is a
good minute or more behind the live action?)  Where can I find info
on constructing some sort of viable external AM-band antenna?

Nevertheless, the ESPN coverage is significantly better than the
execrable Tim McCarver on Fox.

john
--
----