#1 Arbitron rated

Chuck Igo chuckigo@maine.rr.com
Sat Oct 23 08:46:36 EDT 2004

On 10/21/04 7:10 PM, "Daniel Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>
wrote:

> Frank is running bumpers that say "#1 Arbitron rated for Classic Hits
> in Portland."
> Doesn't Arbitron have rules against mentioning ratings during a
> ratings period?

To which Eli replied:

>> I think the rules may involve publicly stating the actual rating
share numbers,
>>not just the rank.

I actually asked our ops mgr about this and he stated that use of the
word "Arbitron" is not prohibited.  Use of phrases such as "write us
down in your Arbitron diary" or, "please, sweet Lord above, write us
down in your Arbitron diary" are prohibited.

I always enjoyed WBCN's use of the clever "if your cow is part of the
mating service dairy" (or something to that affect...)

The ultimate is the classic radio-ratings-promotions spoof, Super Q...

- -Chuck Igo