satellite radio in a restaurant

Hakim Madjid hmadjid@yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 12:36:18 EDT 2004

Brian Vita writes:

>Both XM and Sirius offer a commercial package for
>businesses that carries the appropriate licenses >for
"public performance" in venues such as stores,
>offices and restaurants.

The Brookline (Coolidge Corner) branch of Trader Joe's
now appears to be getting their background music from
XM. They had the XM 50s nostalgia channel on the other
day. Yesterday (Wednesday 10/3/04), they were feeding
on their PA the ESPN play-by-play of the Red-Sox /
Yankees ALCS game 2, off of XM. In all probability,
that probably violates some MLB rule or other, I would
think.