Stephanie Miller on 1200, 1430

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@myway.com
Mon Oct 4 10:33:11 EDT 2004

Am glad Stephanie Miller's back (weekday mornings on the new
WKOX and WXKS); just goes to show that her audience isn't
exclusively liberal (though from her callers, it seems that way). I liked her on WRKO and I like her now. I may not agree with her...but let's say I'd rather hear her than Al Frankenberry.

Her voice guy Jim Ward was back (or was that Carlos Alzaraqui again?), I think, though it seems like he was only doing Bush's voice, not Kerry.

Not sure how many affiliates Steph has but it seemed like a lot of calls came from Columbus, OH. Some from this area, though.

Her sound effects were back:
"...what?"
"Hallelujah!"
"HA HA HA HA HA! now THAT's funny!"

Here in Beverly I found, as expected, that 1430 came in better than 1200, though in my house some kind of heavy interference on 1430...so I walked around outside. Clear signal, though high fuzz. 1200 was indeed weak and if I moved the radio just slightly in came WESX at 1230 (no surprise).

Heard on the show: a message from Clear Channel saying we should "embrace our local spirit". Er, like you guys are with absolutely NO local shows (at least on weekdays?)...well, they did traffic at least. And I guess the ads count as local content.