Air America finds it's way to Boston

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Fri Oct 1 11:28:08 EDT 2004

At 7:35 AM -0400 10/1/04, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

>I notice "progressive" seems to be the current euphemism for
>"liberal".  I've seen that word used in reference to AA elsewhere as
>well.  They don't mean the same thing, and from what I've heard of
>AA "progressive" isn't exactly a word I'd use to describe them.

The term "progressive" has been around for a while, it has generally
been used by groups that wished to be differentiated from mainstream
liberals, who now seem to have appropriated the term for themselves.
Progressive, IMO, does not necessarily mean further left, but in many
cases implies a more pragmatic liberalism.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH