Looking for a couple of guys

Mark Springer mark.springer@gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 23:55:34 EST 2004

My old High School chum (and PCHR Radio Club co-conspirator) Mark A.
Ward, WA1OPL used to be the Chief at WUNH. I know he still lives in
New Hampshire, anyone know him or if he is still in the game? He
picked up his First Phone at the Customs House when he was, I dunno...
a Sophmore or a Junior. He used to draw hartley oscillators in
fountain pen on the back of my army jacket while we sat in class.
I got my 3rd phone, with Broadcast Endorsement about the same time
Mark got his 1st Phone. He also picked up a Telegraph ticket, too
(different time but still in High School, as I recall). I don't know
why i never let him do my math homework!
The other guy I am looking for is Louis E. "Skippi" Comeau. Last I
heard from him he was a Chief for a couple of stations on the Cape and
in New Hampshire. He was working for Clear Channel, I think.

(lighbulb pops overhead) Hey, thats the point I have been thinking of
(vis a vis a teenage kid getting a 1st Phone on his first sitting) -
the broadcast industry was probably the ORIGINAL equal opportunity
employer. If you had the skills (or the heart, in the case of newsies
LOL) you got the job. You could BE 14 years old (and post-pubsecent
voiced) or holding a 1st Phone and be on top of the world, boy or
girl, black or white. I wonder how many youngsters hang around radio
stations these days? Observations on this point would really be
appreciated!
Thanks
MS