More Music On WCAP

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Thu Nov 25 10:40:33 EST 2004

   WCAP (980 Lowell) is almost talk free now thru Saturday. With the
exception of today and tomorrow's  "America In The Morning" and "Morning
Information Team" show and Warren Shaw's Saturday morning gabfest, plus
Lowell Lock Monsters Hockey Friday & Saturday nights, it's music at 980.
Today from 9 AM till 5 AM Friday it's an expanded edition of "Music &
Memories Overnight" with Gary Francis, which is a mix of music from the
1940's thru 1980's. Friday from 9 AM till hockey time WCAP goes all
Christmas. After Friday night's regularly scheduled "Music & Memories
Overnight" and the Sat. AM talk, more Christmas music from 10 AM till 4 or
4:30 PM, when live coverage of Lowell's City Of Lights parade begins.

   Shameless plug: I will be in the parade, providing the Christmas music
that will eminate from the 4 Atlas Sound speakers atop the world famous 30
year old WCAP Mobile Studio, still sporting it's original paint and
furnishings, and
23,000 +original miles. WCAP owner/ GM Maurice Cohen has a 12 volt DC
amplifier in place to power the speakers. I think it came from his broadcast
museum out behind the studios, somewhere near the 70's vintage Pepsi machine
& used studio and office furniture. <g>

Mark Watson