Salem running commercials on WBZ?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@myway.com
Sat Nov 20 11:00:24 EST 2004

>>I just tuned past WBZ and was amazed to hear the right-wing rantings of Michael Medved.

I guess I can now refer to Al Franken's show as "left-wing rantings" :)

>> I regard the shrill Medved not merely as a right-wing whacko

I don't often hear liberals being referred to as "left-wing whackos"
though I have heard a certain 2008 presidental candidate being referred to as "Shrillary" :)

>>I doubt that I am the only listener who is unhappy about having to listen to Medved's shrill rantings in order to catch the news

How about having to listen to Dan Rather's biased rantings?  :)

By the way, in my post about the Wisconsin talk show host yesterday:
my point was that the _mainstream media_ would probably overlook
his referral to Condi Rice as an "Aunt Jemima" and Colin Powell
as an "Uncle Tom" (although conservative talk radio did mention it).
Had a conservative talker like Rush referred to someone in that
way it would be all over the news. Donna did have a point in saying that black people also use these terms (in describing fellow blacks
as "sellouts" or "subservient") and yes there probably have been
times when, say, a conservative talk host may have said something
similarly outrageous (Savage, Rush, Carr, etc.) But when it comes
to the mainstream media (I know, I must be getting brainwashed by
Free Republic!), the transgressions of liberals don't get quite the play that the transgressions of conservatives do.