Mark Mills announces that everyone at WBIX expects to be terminatedby Monday

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Fri Nov 19 16:56:51 EST 2004

>From: "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
>To: "Boston Radio Interest" <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
>Subject: Mark Mills announces that everyone at WBIX expects to be terminatedby >Monday
>Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:19:05 -0500

> In a Globe story today, Egan is quoted as saying that if he had tried to go
> forward with his plans to purchase the station, Bleidt's defrauded clients
> would likely have received less money than they will as a result of his
> pullout.

In the very same story, Scott Fybush was the source for a quote on
whether WBIX's value would decline if it terminated operations.
He introduced the concept of "stick value" to the masses.
By the way, if you're in the vicinity of a TV that receives WGBH-TV
tonight (11/19), be sure to tune in to "Greater Boston/Beat the Press"
at 7:00 pm or midnight.  Emily did a segment on  l'affaire Bleidt
earlier in the week, but I'm sure John Carroll, Mark Jurkowitz
and Dan Kennedy (if he's on tonight's show) will delve into it more
comprehensively.