FCC offices in Quincy

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Fri Nov 19 14:49:32 EST 2004

>>A student of mine asked me why there is an FCC office in Quincy, and I

truly did not know-- did they move to the suburbs?  I thought the FCC
was
somewher in Boston-- it used to be at the Customs House a long time
ago...<<

I took my license exams at the Custom House office...longer ago than
I'd like to remember.  They moved to Batterymarch Park in Quincy because
when the feds sold the building to private developers, they threw out
all the tenants before converting the building to high-priced condos.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WQSX - WRKO - WVEI
20 Guest St / 3d Floor