Bill Griffith On "HD Radio For Cahs"

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sun Nov 14 16:01:32 EST 2004

Today's Boston Sunday Globe has an article about HD or digital radio
for automobiles written by multitasking columnist Bill Griffith
(he doubles as radio/TV sports columnist).  He lists the several
FM stations using the format, and WBZ-AM (thereby missing the
introduction of IBOC on WMKI-AM 1260).  The ubiquitous Don Kelley
is quoted as listening to one or more Greater Media stations in
his office;  I wonder if it includes 96.9 FM talk...would anyone
WANT to hear Jay Severin digitally?  (Griffith also offered up
the K-man's musings in a story about WEEI, which I believe
COMPETES with GM!)  Anyway, on a day when the Sunday papers
offer a truly sad story on one facet of the radio business
in Boston,  this item may provide a diversion.  Read it at:

http://www.boston.com/cars/articles/2004/11/14/the_drives_on_for_digital_radio/