[B-R-I] Re: Not Much Skywave These Days

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sat Nov 13 14:00:28 EST 2004

>From: "Kaimbridge M. GoldChild" <Kaimbridge@programmer.net>
>To: B-R-I <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
>Subject: [B-R-I] Re: Not Much Skywave These Days
>Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 13:33:02 +0000

> The geomagnetic "K" index, which is usually uneventfully
> from between 1-2, quiet to nominal, and 3-4, unsettled to
> active--with 5-7 being minor to strong geomagnetic storming
> (i.e., "auroras")--had been 8 and (the maximum possible) 9,
> seveve to extreme storming, from Sunday to Wednesday

This has been an interesting 3 or 4 days of sky-watching
(remember Jack borden's crusade encouraging people to look up
more often?) because the croissant moon,  and the planets
Venus and Jupiter have been lined up before dawn every clear
morning this week.  Now, I'll have to check the sky for
aurorae!