THERE'S NO SAVING PRIVATE RYAN

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 22:06:44 EST 2004

WCVB, WMUR, WMTW, and WGGB did not carry it. I believe WCVB, WMUR, and
WMTW all ran the same movie, since they're co-owned.

WLNE and WTNH did run Saving Private Ryan.

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf
Of Paul Anderson
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 10:00 PM
To: Boston Radio Mailing List
Subject: Re: THERE'S NO SAVING PRIVATE RYAN

On Nov 11, 2004, at 7:35 PM, John Bolduc wrote:

> WMUR-TV Channel 9 Manchester NH announced in their 6:00pm newscast
> that both they and Channel 5 Boston would not be showing Saving
> Private Ryan tonight.

How confusing and how silly.

WTAG Worcester announced in the morning that WCVB (5 Boston), WLNE (6
New Bedford) and WMUR (9 Manchester) would all be carrying the movie.
9's web site said they wouldn't, but there was nothing on 5's site
(co-owned with 9) or 6's.

Maybe I mistook what they were showing for Saving Private Ryan, but
didn't WCVB carry the movie?  The only other ABC station I get on cable
is WGGB (40 Springfield) and they were carrying some show about poker.
I guess gambling is safer than a few swear words.

Paul