Air America

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Fri Nov 5 22:55:18 EST 2004

Donna Halper wrote:
>How do you think the election results will affect Air America?  I believe
>the fledgeling network was on too few stations, most of which had weak
>signals, to make much of a difference in the recent elections.  But given
>that 9 of the top 10 radio talk shows are done by conservatives, do you
>foresee some growth for Air America now as the "loyal opposition"?  Like
>it or not, this was a very polarizing campaign and the end result was
>still fairly close-- 51 to 49% I believe.  Can Air America be the voice of
>that 49% and be successful, or as in the past, do you expect so-called
>liberal talk shows to fail?

I agree with the other posters.  AA has to move beyond being merely the
"Bush sucks" network, and develop itself into a network providing
entertaining talk hosts who just happen to see things a bit differently
than most current syndicated talk hosts do.  A one-trick pony ain't gonna
cut it.   If AA steps back, tones down the shrill rhetoric a bit and
develops a solid line-up of talk hosts (maybe even cut back from trying to
provide 18 hr/day temporarily) there's no reason they can't succeed.