Time for Rather to go?

Mark Laurence mlaurence@mindspring.com
Thu Nov 4 19:50:17 EST 2004

On Nov 4, 2004, at 4:34 PM, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> The question now may be:  is it time to replace the old model of the
> broadcast network anchor (dictionary definition..."dead weight")
> with the B.B.C. model of the news reader?

That's the way I think they should go.  The days of the star anchor are
waning.  It has already happened at the local level, and the network
stars are largely left over from an era when far more people watched
broadcast coverage of every major event.  Now the real stars are the
pundits.  CBS/Viacom's best-known news personality of the next
generation is Comedy Central's Jon Stewart.