Time for Rather to go?

Garrett Wollman wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Nov 4 15:03:14 EST 2004

<<On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 14:22:05 -0500, "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@lycos.com> said:

> Jay Leno did a funny bit Wednesday night made up of Ratherisms...
> my favorite : "hotter than a Times Square Rolex".

I spent a bit of time watching Rather's coverage on Tuesday night and
was pretty convinced myself that it was time for him to hang up the
cans.  The only trouble is: does CBS have anyone in the wings who is
actually good enough to win back the audience that Rather lost?  I'm
not too high on J.D.^H^H^H^HJohn Roberts; he just seems too bland.

-GAWollman