Call for rare / unusual Christmas tracks

Mission Control miscon@miscon.net
Mon Nov 1 09:44:32 EST 2004

Sorry, as I don't mean to rush the season, but if I don't get started on this now...

I'm collecting music (spoken word too) for this year's Christmas compilation (a little holiday-themed CD I give to friends). I know that this is not an unusual occurance - especially among radio-types - so that's why I'm hitting up this list; you folks have some remarkable memories, and quite a bit of radio experience. Plus, you are very active radio LISTENERS!

Being one of those "milestone" years (15!), I'm looking for ultra rare or super-unusual tracks; I already have The Orioles 45 "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve," Rocki Lane and the Gross Group's "Happy Hair Hippy Harry Claus," a never released song from Ken Curtis (you might remember him as Festus in Gunsmoke) called "Christmas," and a very scratchy rendetion of "Why Don't You Go Home For Christmas" by Jim Backus (I think there's a Sherm Feller story in that, and I'm researching it now). Oh, and the Spotnicks "Winterland" lp just arrived on Saturday!

So, you've got a bit of a feel for it right there. If you've got something that you'd be willing to share towards this year's endevor, I'd be much obliged to receive it. Or maybe you know of someone who does something similar, and you can put us in touch. Any help would be most welcome!

Thanks!

Mike

Michael G. Wilkins