WWZN / Celtics - Bill Griffith Column

DonKelley@aol.com DonKelley@aol.com
Mon May 31 10:46:32 EDT 2004

In a message dated 5/31/2004 9:49:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ssmyth@psu.edu writes:

> Paul writes:
> > I thought GM was NJ-based...???
>
> In recent years they sold off some if not all of the New Jersey stations
> near their headquarters (Brunswick?), and subsequent to that the
> headquarters moved to Boston. I couldn't tell you if Move A
> was connected to
> Move B, however.

Greater Media has not sold any of the New Jersey stations. WMGQ and WCTC/New Brunswick have been in the family for over 25 years, and in the 90's five more NJ stations were acquired.  The company started in Southbridge, MA.  Corporate HQ was in East Brunswick, NJ for a number of years but moved back to Massachusetts about five years ago.