New "Jay" in Town

Joseph Pappalardo joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com
Wed May 26 21:53:36 EDT 2004

--- Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
wrote:

> That's where the signal goes.  Remember, the 680
> facility was
> originally built for WLAW Lawrence.

Isn't it amazing that we are still living with
decisions that were made back in the 30's 40's & 50's?
(I believe WLAW went on the air originally in 1937 or
'39.)

Sometimes I wonder if it would be more efficient to
'clear the landscape' somewhow, and start again.

Looking at this business as an outsider, it would be
amazing that facilities are limited to decisions that
were made so long ago.

I understand how it all came about that way....but
whenever WRKO fades out when I am driving west...I
think about how odd this is.

When I am driving North and WTTT fade out before I
even get to 128....I think about how odd this is.

$.02

JP

=====
Joe Pappalardo