New "Jay" in Town

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Wed May 26 17:48:41 EDT 2004

All-access.com reports that John (Johnny we hardly
knew ye)Batchelor will be replaced on Saturday nights
from 10:00 pm to midnight on WRKO by Jay Diamond.
The New York message board likens this guy to some
radio megastars including Jean Shepherd...impossible!
A few asked if WRKO could be picked up at night in
The Apple...well, at night Hopkinton, which we all know
is exactly 26.2 miles from downtown Boston, is outside
of AM 680's coverage area! Sorry New Yorkers, unless WRKO
is available through some streaming site, fahgeddaboudit.
I have no recollection of ever hearing this guy, but
they say he's a perfect fit for the Saturday night
left-wing lineup WRKO presents Saturday nights.  The
report indicated he'll begin this Saturday, May 29th
in the midst of a holiday weekend.  Hope he can vamp for a while
without calls.