Accepting the Nomination

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psu.edu
Tue May 25 12:01:36 EDT 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004 09:51:56 +0000, "Paul Hopfgarten" wrote:
> Which makes all the more a crime what the DNC is doing to Boston for the
> Convention (Party of the working people my a**!)
>
> Also a Yankee-Red Sox thing here too...Putting aside which party is in
> Boston and which is in NYC, it does make Bosotn look like a third-rate city
> because we have to close everything off, where that does not seem to be an
> issue in NYC.
>
> If we hadn't sold Ruth in '19, we wouldn't be closing down 93 in Medford
> today!
> <G>

I know your tongue was firmly planted in-cheek but there is a great deal of
truth to the New York inferiority complex we have around here. People can't
seem to accept the fact that New York is what it is, and so is Boston; it
affects everything from (ObMedia) electronic and print news coverage (see the
New York Post North, er, the Boston Herald) to the DNC.