The Censor's Back (was: NPR's Ira Glass defends Howard Stern)

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Tue May 11 02:00:23 EDT 2004

On 10 May 2004 at 9:33, rogerkirk wrote:

> Jacques Steinberg (NY Times) wrote today that an Indianapolis radio
> station cut words like "urinate," "damn" and "orgy" from a recent Rush
> Limbaugh show.  He also noted that apparently some "classic rock radio
> stations have felt compelled to prune their playlists.  Gone are songs
> like Elton John's "The Bitch Is Back" and "Bitch" by the Rolling Stones."

I wonder whether "Shindler's List," with its full frontal nudity, could be shown on TV today.
Some years ago it was shown in prime time on NBC with only very minor comment on the
nudity.