'Kiss Concert' Ad Heard On B-101

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Mon May 10 12:00:52 EDT 2004

>    Last night, while scanning the radio dial in my travels, I happened
> upon
> B-101 (WWBB Providence), and listened to some of the "Saturday Night All
> Request Oldies Party" with Cruisin' Bruce Palmer. During a stopset, one
> of the ads was for Kiss 108's (WXKS-FM Medford/Boston) annual "Kiss
> Concert" which is taking place on May 22 at the Tweeter Center in
> Mansfield. Tickets are still available according to the ad, which is
> most unusual, as the "Kiss Concert" has always sold out the day tickets
> go on sale.

Did it actually mention the Kiss concert by name, or was it just a generic
term like "all star concert" or something like that?  The days where the
Kiss concert was an instant sellout are gone...I dont' think it sold out
at all last year, and ticket sales have been sluggish for radio station
"mega concerts" in general for a couple years now.  Wasn't there some
discussion on this board about a year ago on several such concerts being
cancelled due to poor ticket sales?

That having been said, an oldies station seems an odd place to advertise a
concert aimed at an under 30 crowd.