(Fwd) RE: Objection to WNSH "Minor" Change

Paul Hopfgarten paul@03038.com
Sat May 8 10:38:39 EDT 2004

Right there on Rte 44 Westbound! Ah yes, I was delivering furniture in the
spring of '78 to some narrow triple deckers (a ding here, a ding there)(a
beer here, a beer there) and actually was a big listenter to JB105 in those
days (more than PRO92).

Heck, I can't recall WRLM's format in '78...

-Paul Hopfgarten
-East Derry NH

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org]On Behalf
Of Matt Stevens
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2004 9:35 AM
To: A. Joseph Ross; boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Re: (Fwd) RE: Objection to WNSH "Minor" Change

> On 7 May 2004 at 21:07, Jeff Lehmann wrote:
>
> > Me either, it's usually "Taun-en" or something like that, but
> > there's never an "r" in there.

Most of the old-timer locals, my father was born there, pronounced it
TAHN-IN

The proper way to pronounce the city is  TON-TIN.

That reminds me,  I remember the old  WRLM 93.3....a quirky little local
station in it's day until they saw dollar signs in there eyes and sold it
off.  Now its just another Clear Channel move in to the Providence market as
WSNE.

I remember an ID around 1975 that was somehting like this....
"Now with 50,000 watts in Stereo....from the McCarthy Professional Building
this is Ninety Three Three WRLM Taunton."

Just showing my advanced age

Matt Stevens
WNBP Newburyport