Gore leads group buying Newsworld International

Matt Higgs weather@weathersource.net
Fri May 7 01:39:29 EDT 2004

CBC News programming does not reach the younger demographics at all.
They try their hardest to reach a younger audience but never really
seem to succeed.

The 6 pm newscast here in New Brunswick, "Canada Now", is mostly viwed
by people over the age of 50, and a small number of them at that. This
goes for the rest of CBC's news coverage as well. Their national
newscast is failing in the ratings department overall. Global and CTV
do a much better job at reaching younger audiences. Cut backs at CBC
have only been hurting them.

Global, which only started their national newscast "Global National"
three years ago has already jumped to second place and is gaining on
CTV. I would love to see them produce news programming for this channel
to be.

Matt Higgs
Green Mtn, New Brunswick