WMUR 50th...anybody taping it?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Wed Mar 31 17:00:47 EST 2004

>DATE: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 00:14:11
>From: Larry Weil <kc1ih@mac.com>
>To: bri@bostonradio.org
>At 9:29 PM -0500 3/30/04, Scott Fybush wrote:
>
>>I wish I'd known about this in advance! Is anybody rolling tape?
>>I'll pay... :-)
>
>It's being repeated Saturday at 12:30 PM.
>
>--
>Larry Weil
>Lake Wobegone, NH

I caught the second hour in-progress.  I think I'd like to
see the opening segment if it showed construction of the
tower on Mt. Uncanoonuc(sp?) and installation of the
equipment back at 1819 Elm.  During the portion I saw,
everyone remarked on how cramped the original facilities were.
Was WMUR-AM 610 also there;  the current WGIR facility
on Starke Ln by the AM towers looks as though it might
have been the home of the radio station from the start.
I've heard some people say that in the pre-cable days,
channel 9 had very low viewership because all the fixed
TV antennas (i.e. without rotators) were pointed toward
Boston and the picture on WMUR was almost cancelled out. (Mt. Uncanoonuc is WNW of Manchester)