WMUR-TV 9 Anniversary show tonight

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Tue Mar 30 16:24:27 EST 2004

 Gary Francis wrote:

> Tonight is the night for the 50th Anniversary Special on WMUR-TV9
>from7:30 - 10.
> 2 and 1/2 hours of memories from NH's original TV station (and one >of the
last stations in America to go color).

    What are they going to fill 2 and a half hours with?  Unless someone has
a secret stash of material from their "pre-historic days" (which is prior to
1981, when Imes bought them), I doubt we'll see any clips of Uncle Gus,
Ring-A-Ding the Clown, or the famous Santa Claus specials from the 70's.

    And IIRC, they went 100% color in 1973. I'm sure someone will correct me
if I'm wrong.

Mark Watson